Is the hype about Swedish girls really true? Are they really the hottest women on earth? Well, that's the type of question that is best argued about into the early morning accompanied by pint after pint of beer, so we'll leave that up to you. All we can do is provide evidence for the "yes" side of the argument.
So let's say for the sake of argument that Swedish girls are the world's hottest. The next logical question is, how do I meet one? What do I say to her? How to I get her to hang out with me all the time, and ultimately share my bed? Well gentlemen, reporting directly from Sweden, here are some tips for dating Swedish girls.
We decided to ask Sapphire, author of the blog Lost in Stockholm, for information about what Swedish girls don't like in a guy.
"Swedish girls are everything what you fantasize about," writes Sapphire. "They are tall, beautiful, blonde (although often artificially blond dyed hair), busty, athletic, and strong. These Viking women are the enigma wrapped in a conundrum because the men still haven’t figured them out."
What Swedish girls don't want
According to Sapphire, Swedish girls get fed up with Swedish guys for the following reasons.
-They're kinda shy
-They're stingy, and don't invite girls out much
-They're too dependent on alcohol for conversation, and they often drink to get drunk, with no understanding of moderation
-No alcohol equals no conversation
-They're too emotionally distant and far away
So what's a guy to do? Read on for tips on how to score a Swedish girl.
So now that you know a little bit about what they typically do and don't want, here are a few more practical tips on how to win one over.
1. Act rich. A lot of Swedish girls, for better or worse, have a tendency to be gold diggers.
2. Learn how to DJ. Swedish girls love house music DJs -- and they're considered the upper echelon of "cool" in Sweden.
3. Invite her over for a cup of tea. Back in the day, that invitation was code for, "Do you want to have sex?"
4. Get rid of your baggy jeans. Swedish guys wear fitted jeans, and frankly, they look better.
5. Always have booze on hand. Yes, I know Swedish girls complain about how much Swedish guys rely on alcohol for conversation, but the No. 1 Swedish party foul is running out of booze. The System Bolaget (that's the government-run booze store) closes early, and once those doors are locked, you're out of luck. So make sure your bar is stocked.
6. Have an "everything is better in Sweden" attitude. Because believe me, she will.
7. Take her to IKEA. A trip to IKEA is considered the ultimate test of a new relationship. If you can survive that, you can survive anything.
8. Act courteous. Pull a chair out, pay a compliment -- anything is better than the stony silence of many Swedish guys.
9. Make the first move. Swedish girls are used to asking the man for his number because he won't make the first move. Surprise her by initiating.
10. Get comfortable going Dutch. (But occasionally spring for the whole check.)
Sitter i bilen tillsammans med min älskling påväg till Smögen och Tylösand! Weeey! Har velat åka dit varje år sen jag vet inte när och nu är vi påväg. Bokade igår och åker idag. Spontant just the way I like it!
Sommaren flyger förbi och vi har redan varit i Spanien en vecka, hängt ute på Ljusterö och slappat runt hemma. Vi kommer hem på söndag och på måndag kommer de och ska fixa vita golv i vår lägenhet
Carolinachaos: I stand out a bit..
Date: 2011-08-22 05:52:44 GMT
Natoss: Alex, Sofie & Nato.
Date: 2011-06-27 22:43:00 GMT
Jdre: This photo says it all
Date: 2011-09-01 23:01:05 GMT